Admission and Application Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university, or equivalent international credential.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application and upload required supporting materials
- Submit the application along with the $75 application fee
Required Supporting Materials
- A current resume.
- A statement of purpose (1-2 pages) that explains your reasons for seeking admission, addressing your analytical abilities and interest in studying the theory and practice of research administration.
- Under “Recommendations,” include the contact information for two recommenders. They will be automatically emailed access information to the system. They can then complete and upload their recommendation form. Choose two recommenders that verify professional and/or academic accomplishment.
- Official transcripts: JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court
Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
All application materials submitted to the Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
Additional Application Information
No Application Deadline
We accept applications year-round for fall, spring, or summer semesters. We recommend submitting your application materials at least 6 weeks before the desired start date. International students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts.
Take the Next Step
Broaden your knowledge of the research industry in the U.S. and around the world with an online master’s program from JHU.