Reapplicants to AAP
If you previously enrolled in AAP courses, you are considered a reapplicant.
Admissions Requirements for Reapplicants
For Those Who Have Not Enrolled for the Past Six Years or More
If you are a reapplicant and you have not enrolled in an AAP course for the past six years or more, you will need to submit a complete application and all supplemental items, including official transcripts, writing sample, and recommendations. Please refer to the webpage of your program of interest for program-specific admissions requirements.
If you are unsure of the last time you were enrolled, please contact Registration at email@example.com to confirm your status.
For Those Who Have Enrolled in at Least One Course Within the Last Five Years
If you are a reapplicant and you have enrolled in at least one course within the last five years, the steps provided below will assist you with your modified admission process.* You will need to submit the following:
- Non-refundable application fee
- Updated statement of purpose
- Updated resume.
- Respond “Yes” to “Have you previously enrolled in AAP courses?” in additional Information section.
- List all colleges and universities attended (be sure to include JHU AAP).
- Submit official transcripts: JHU AAP prefers to accept official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court
Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 327512
- Provide transcripts for each school where you have earned more than 12 credits.
- If you have attended another institution since the last time you were enrolled, that transcript is required.
Recommendations (If Applicable to Your Program)
You are not required to submit new recommendations (unless you want to). E-mail us at email@example.com to have your previous recommendations uploaded. Otherwise, enter new recommender information in the recommender section.
Writing Sample (If Applicable for Your Program)
You are not required to submit a new writing sample (unless you want to). Please upload your original writing sample, a new writing sample, or a “blank” document in the writing sample upload field stating that you are a reapplicant. If the latter is provided, Admissions will upload your writing sample internally upon submission of the application.
Note: If the admissions criteria have changed since your initial application, you are required to adhere to the current admissions criteria. For example, if your program did not require a writing sample when you applied previously, you are required to submit one to complete your application.
*If you previously enrolled as a non-degree seeking student, you may be required to submit additional materials as most non-degree seeking applicants complete a modified application process.
Once your application is submitted, Admissions will complete the application by uploading your previously submitted documents including official transcripts, a writing sample, and recommendations. Once complete, we will send your file to the committee for review. After a decision is rendered, we will issue your decision.
Your Degree Requirements
The admissions requirements are different for each program. Please find the requirements for yours below.
Whether you are looking to take your career to the next level or make an exciting career change, the Johns Hopkins Advanced Academic Programs division offers a flexible world-class education to help you achieve your goals.