Admission and Application Requirements
Prospective students must hold a bachelor’s degree prior to enrolling in the program. Generally, students should have a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of their undergraduate studies. Particular interests and work experience will also be considered.
The application package includes transcripts, a personal statement, a resume or CV, and two recommendations. The GRE is accepted but not required.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application and upload required supporting materials*
- Submit the application along with the $75 application fee
Required Supporting Materials
- 500-word statement of purpose in pursuing intelligence studies.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Recommendations. Under “Recommendations,” include the contact information for two recommenders. Professors or supervisors should verify academic and professional accomplishments. They will be automatically emailed access information to the system. They can then complete and upload their recommendation form.
- Official Transcripts.
We accept electronic transcripts emailed directly to email@example.com from the granting institution. If your institution doesn’t provide electronic transcripts, you can request your official transcripts to be mailed directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court
Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination.
*The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
All application materials submitted to Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
Additional Application Information
No Application Deadline
We accept applications year-round for fall, spring, or summer semesters. We recommend submitting your application materials at least 6 weeks before the desired start date. International students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts.
Take the Next Step
Gain the skills and knowledge necessary to gather and analyze important intelligence that will help your organization make decisions.