Admission and Application Requirements
The Master of Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship program admits students on a rolling basis. We encourage applicants to complete their applications a few months before their intended start term to ensure sufficient time to render an admissions decision.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university, or equivalent international credential is required. A bachelor’s degree in the life sciences is recommended.
- Applicants should have at least one course in Biochemistry and Cell Biology. Applicants with a strong background will be considered but may be required to take a prerequisite course, Foundations in Bioscience.
- Programs require a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Meeting the minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application and upload required supporting materials
- Submit the application along with the $75 application fee
Required Supporting Materials
- 500-word Statement of Purpose: Discuss why you wish to pursue the Master of Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship. Focus on your long-term goals and how this academic program will complement these goals. Discuss the strengths of your academic and professional background, as well as any additional comments that will assist in evaluating your application materials.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Do not upload recommendations, as they are not considered for this program.
- Official transcripts
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to email@example.com. If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court
Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination.
Additional Application Information
No Application Deadline
We accept applications year-round for fall, spring, or summer semesters. We recommend submitting your application materials at least 6 weeks before the desired start date. International students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts.
If you have completed graduate-level coursework from an accredited college or university, you may be exempt from taking up to two courses towards degree completion.
Provisional Student Status
If you do not meet all the requirements for admission, you may still be admitted to a program as a provisional student. We determine admissions on a case-by-case basis.
Take the Next Step
Pursue leadership roles in the biotechnology industry, or prepare for your own entrepreneurial endeavor.