Summer 2023 Registration is Now Open
MS in Bioinformatics Admission and Application Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited US college or university, or equivalent international credential, in the biological sciences or in engineering.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Program-Specific Prerequisite Courses:
Two semesters of organic chemistry.
One semester of biochemistry.
One semester of an introduction to programming using Java, C++, C, or Python.
One semester of data structures.
One semester of probability/statistics.
- One semester of calculus.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application and upload required supporting materials
- Submit the application along with the $75 application fee
Required Supporting Materials
- 500-word Statement of Purpose.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Do not upload recommendations, as they are not considered for this program.
- Official transcripts: JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to [email protected]. If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court
Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination.
Additional Application Information
No Application Deadline
We accept applications year-round for fall, spring, or summer semesters. We recommend submitting your application materials at least 6 weeks before the desired start date. International students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts.
Contact Us for More Information
Advanced Academic Programs Admissions
Take the Next Step
Sharpen your programming and data analysis skills and expand your biological knowledge to pursue career opportunities in bioinformatics and the greater biotechnology industry.