MS in Data Analytics and Policy Admission and Application Requirements
Students must hold a bachelor’s degree prior to enrolling in the MS in Data Analytics and Policy. The program admits students on a rolling basis. In general, prospective students are encouraged to submit their application two months prior to the start of the desired term.
A grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies. A minimum GPA of 3.0 does not guarantee admission. Particular interests and work experience will also be considered.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application and upload required supporting materials*
- Submit the application along with the $75 application fee
Required Supporting Materials
- A statement of purpose (2 pages double-spaced) that explains your reasons for seeking admission and how you will use the degree to advance your career. Your statement should also address your ability or potential to perform quantitative analyses.
- A 5-7 page writing sample that is research-focused. The writing sample should demonstrate your ability to make and support an argument.
- A current resume.
- Recommendations. Under “Recommendations,” include the contact information for two recommenders. Professors or supervisors should verify academic and professional accomplishments. They will be automatically emailed access information to the system. They can then complete and upload their recommendation form.
- Official Transcripts.
We accept electronic transcripts emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org from the granting institution. If your institution doesn’t provide electronic transcripts, you can request your official transcripts to be mailed directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court
Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination.
*The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
All application materials submitted to Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.