Admission and Application Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited US college or university. A bachelor’s degree in the life sciences is recommended. Programs require a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Meeting the minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission.
- It is recommended that applicants hold an MSDE (or reciprocating state) certification in secondary science, the equivalent, or experience teaching secondary school science.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application and upload required supporting materials
- Submit the application along with the $75 application fee
Required Supporting Materials
- 500-word Statement of Purpose.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Do not upload recommendations, as they are not considered for this program.
- Official transcripts
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to email@example.com. If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court
Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
All application materials submitted to the Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
Additional Application Information
No Application Deadline
We accept applications year-round for fall, spring, or summer semesters. We recommend submitting your application materials at least 6 weeks before the desired start date. International students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts.
Take the Next Step
Strengthen your content knowledge and pedagogic techniques in bioscience while developing effective new approaches to bringing the discipline to life in today’s classroom.