Post-Master’s Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics
Advanced economic modeling, forecasting, analysis of rapidly incoming data, and econometrics have become the backbone of decisions made in governments, international organizations, and businesses.
Post-Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics
|Course Locations||Online and Onsite (Washington, D.C.)|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring, and Summer|
|Degree Requirements||4 courses|
|Length of Program||9 – 12 months|
|Tuition||$4,724* per course.
*Final rates pending approval of the Board of Trustees.
The four-course Post-Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics is intended for those who hold a master’s degree in Economics or in Statistics, and who wish to expand or update their knowledge. Admissions requirements are the same requirements for our MS in Applied Economics degree plus a master’s degree in economics or Statistics. Courses are offered onsite in the evenings at the Washington, D.C., Center of The Johns Hopkins University (near Dupont Circle), and/or *on-line.
Choose four of the following nine courses:
- 440.614 Macroeconometrics [Time Series] on-site and on-line.
- 440.615 Macroeconomic Forecasting [Time Series], on-line.
- 440.616 Bayesian Econometrics, on-site and on-line.
- 440.617 Financial Econometrics [Time Series], on-site, and on-line.
- 440.618 Microeconometrics [Cross Section and Panel Data], on-site and on-line.
- 440.622 Cost-Benefit Analysis, on-site and on-line.
- 440.624 Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, on-site and on-line.
- 440.625 Machine Learning in Statistics, on-site and on-line.
- 440.629 Survey Research Methods, on-line.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
View Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- 2.20 - Program Director Matt Parrett Publishes Paper in Agricultural Economics Journal Agribusiness
- 12.6 - Associate Program Director Ahmed Mahmud Published Paper in Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
- 9.30 - Assistant Program Director Genevieve Briand Co-Authored E-Book