Post Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics
Advanced economic modeling, forecasting, analysis of rapidly incoming data, and econometrics have become the backbone of decisions made in governments, international organizations, and businesses.
|Course Locations||Washington, DC and *Online|
|Earn Degree Onsite||Yes.|
|Earn Degree Online||*Yes.|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring or Summer semester|
|Degree Requirements||4 courses|
The four course Post-Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics is intended for those who hold a master’s degree in Economics or in Statistics, and who wish to expand or update their knowledge. All courses are offered onsite in the evenings at the Washington, D.C., center of The Johns Hopkins University (near Dupont Circle), and already for the greatest part, *on-line.
Admissions requirements are the same requirements for our MS in Applied Economics degree plus a master’s degree in economics or Statistics. Students lacking the equivalent of our Core courses can take them with us, on-site or *on-line. Admissions are rolling; one can begin in the Summer, Fall, or Spring semester.
Choose four of the following nine courses:
- 440.614 – Macroeconometrics [Time Series], on-site and on-line
- 440.615 – Macroeconomic Forecasting, on-site and on-line
- 440.616 – Bayesian Econometrics
- 440.617 – Financial Econometrics, on-site, and on-line from Fall 2015
- 440.618 – Microeconometrics [Cross Section and Panel Data], on-site and on-line
- 440.619 – Real Risk, on-site, and on-line from Summer 2017.
- 440.622 – Cost-Benefit Analysis, on-site and on-line
- 440.624 – Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, on-site
- 440.629 – Survey Research Methods, on-site and on-line
Gainful Employment Disclosure
View Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
State-specific Information for Online Programs
*Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- 6.12 - The Hopkins Chapter of the Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Honors Society Is Being Restored by AAP Applied Economics Students
- 4.5 - Faculty Lecture Series — Marc Sumerlin United States Economic History, 1790 – 1930
- 7.6 - Master of Science in Applied Economics Ranked #1 in the Nation
View a recorded Online Open House session