Post Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics
Advanced economic modeling, forecasting, analysis of rapidly incoming data, and econometrics have become the backbone of decisions made in governments, international organizations, and businesses.
|Course Locations||Washington, DC and *Online|
|Earn Degree Onsite||Yes.|
|Earn Degree Online||*Yes.|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring or Summer semester|
|Degree Requirements||4 courses|
|Tuition and Fees||Tuition in the 2018-2019 academic year is $4,285 per course. More information.|
The four course Post-Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics is intended for those who hold a master’s degree in Economics or in Statistics, and who wish to expand or update their knowledge. Admissions requirements are the same requirements for our MS in Applied Economics degree plus a master’s degree in economics or Statistics. Courses are offered onsite in the evenings at the Washington, D.C., Center of The Johns Hopkins University (near Dupont Circle), and/or *on-line.
Choose four of the following ten courses:
- 440.614 Macroeconometrics [Time Series] on-site and on-line.
- 440.615 Macroeconomic Forecasting [Time Series], on-line.
- 440.616 Bayesian Econometrics , on-site and on-line.
- 440.617 Financial Econometrics [Time Series], on-site, and on-line.
- 440.618 Microeconometrics [Cross Section and Panel Data], on-site and on-line.
- 440.619 Real Risk, on-line.
- 440.622 Cost-Benefit Analysis, on-site and on-line.
- 440.624 Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, on-site and on-line.
- 440.625 Machine Learning in Statistics, on-site and on-line.
- 440.629 Survey Research Methods, on-site and on-line.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
View Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
State-specific Information for Online Programs
*Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- 10.22 - Applied Economics Faculty Lecture Series: Prof. Laurence Ball on The Fed and Lehman Brothers
- 4.23 - Master of Science in Applied Economics Ranked Nationally
- 3.9 - Applied Economics Faculty Lecture Series: Dr. Bilal Zia on Applying Behavioral Insights to Public Policy
View a recorded Online Open House session (Fall 2018)