- Click here to register for October 29 Online Open House.
- Click here to register for November 12 Open House in Baltimore.
Designed for middle and secondary science teachers as well as curriculum and instructional leaders, the Certificate in Biotechnology Education strengthens their content knowledge and pedagogic techniques in bioscience. The certificate leverages Johns Hopkins University’s expertise in biotechnology and teacher preparation to help educators develop effective new approaches to bringing the discipline to life in today’s classroom.
|Course Locations||Baltimore, MD; Rockville, MD; *Online|
|Available 100% Online||No|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring or Summer|
|Degree Requirements||5 courses|
The Johns Hopkins Certificate in Biotechnology Education consists of five graduate-level courses that emphasize inquiry-oriented approaches and integrating technology in bioscience education. The program also challenges you to analyze recent research on bioscience education, reflect on your learning and practice, and develop teaching tools and assessment strategies to engage your students in bioscience-related problems and inquiries.
After completing the Certificate in Biotechnology Education, you may count some credits toward a Master of Science in Biotechnology.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
*Note: We currently are not accepting applications to the online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Biotechnology Education from students who reside in Arkansas or Kansas. Students should be aware of additional state-specific information for online programs.
- 9.29 - Dr. William McCants Joins Morning Joe to Discuss His New Book “The ISIS Apocalypse”
- 9.21 - Dr. William McCants on the ISIS Apocalypse
- 9.15 - Intelligence Analysis: How Is It Done? How Is It Taught?
- 10.20 - MS and Certificate in Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship, and Dual MBA Online Open House
- 10.28 - Admissions Online Information Session
- 11.12 - Biotechnology Open House in Baltimore
- Course Description
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Our Community
- The Experience
- Program Resources
- Contact Information