Register for April 25 Open House in Baltimore
Designed for middle and secondary science teachers as well as curriculum and instructional leaders, the Certificate in Biotechnology Education strengthens their content knowledge and pedagogic techniques in bioscience. The certificate leverages Johns Hopkins University’s expertise in biotechnology and teacher preparation to help educators develop effective new approaches to bringing the discipline to life in today’s classroom.
|Course Locations||Baltimore, MD; Rockville, MD; *Online|
|Available 100% Online||No|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring or Summer|
|Degree Requirements||5 courses|
The Johns Hopkins Certificate in Biotechnology Education consists of five graduate-level courses that emphasize inquiry-oriented approaches and integrating technology in bioscience education. The program also challenges you to analyze recent research on bioscience education, reflect on your learning and practice, and develop teaching tools and assessment strategies to engage your students in bioscience-related problems and inquiries.
After completing the Certificate in Biotechnology Education, you may count some credits toward a Master of Science in Biotechnology.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
View Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
State-specific Information for Online Programs
*Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- 2.2 - “Hidden Figures” Film Screening Sparks Conversation on Women, Minorities in Science
- 11.30 - Lynn Johnson Langer and Debra Bowes at Women In Bio DC/Baltimore Chapter’s Holiday Gala
- 11.21 - MS in Biotechnology Students among the Winners of the CAI-NASA SPACE RACE Competition
- 3.15 - MS in Biotechnology Online Open House
- 3.16 - Master’s and Certificate in Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship/MBA Online Open House
- 4.25 - Biotechnology Open House in Baltimore
- Course Description
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Our Community
- The Experience
- Program Resources
- Contact Information