Museum Studies/Digital Curation Certificate
Register for February 22 Online Open House
- Visit the MA in Museum Studies program page.
- Visit the Certificate in Digital Curation program page.
Students who are interested in pursuing an MA in Museum Studies and are also interested in the preservation and management of cultural heritage digital assets may enroll in this dual program. Museum Studies students may earn the Graduate Certificate in Digital Curation by taking two of the required six courses as electives in the MA program plus the additional four courses required to complete the certificate. This enables students to earn both the MA degree and the Graduate Certificate for a total of 14 courses, 10 in Museum Studies and four in Digital Curation.
Students may also enroll directly in the Graduate Certificate in Digital Curation alone. If they later choose to pursue the MA in Museum Studies, they may count two courses from the digital curation certificate program toward the MA. Click here to view the admission and degree requirements for the certificate program.
|Available 100% Online||No. Twelve (12) of the 14 classes may be taken online. One class, a two-week intensive seminar for the MA program, is taken onsite in Washington, DC, or in another location organized by the program. One class for the Graduate Certificate, a required internship of 13 weeks, including at least 120 hours in a museum or related cultural heritage institution, is partially online and partially onsite.|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring or Summer semester|
|Degree Requirements||14 courses|
Those interested, including current students, may apply to the dual MA in Museum Studies/Graduate Certificate in Digital Curation through Advanced Academic Programs. MA in Museum Studies students pursuing the Digital Curation Certificate must meet the following degree requirements.
- 7.14 - Museum Studies student Craig Hadley will be the new Executive Director of the Tippecanoe County Historical Association
- 6.14 - Melissa Levine Publishes “Finding the Public Domain: Copyright Review Management System Toolkit.”
- 4.7 - Acclaimed Author Charles C. Mann Announced as KSAS Master’s Degree Ceremony Speaker
- 2.22 - MA in Museum Studies and Certificate in Digital Curation Online Open House
- 3.16 - Washington, DC Mix & Mingle
View a recorded Online Open House session
Connect With Us
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Tuition and Fees
- Our Community