Faculty Semester Start Checklist
Welcome to Advanced Academic Programs. The following checklist and information should assist you in getting started with your AAP teaching assignment.
1. Adjunct Contract(s) and Acknowledgment Documents
- Sign, date, and return your Memorandum of Appointment and the Acknowledgement of Textbook Selection documents. Read the JHU Policy on Textbook Affordability.
- Please scan the Adjunct Contract and Acknowledgement documents and email them to [email protected]
Submit your syllabus to your Program Director and post it to your course site.
3. Contact Information for Faculty and Academic Affairs
Review the Faculty and Academic Affairs information. This is a helpful resource to which you may need to refer throughout the term.
4. Textbook Information and Electronic Reserve Materials
- MBS Bookstore. Faculty will receive an email from AAP staff 10-12 weeks prior to the start of term with instructions for listing textbooks in the MBS Bookstore. Submit your book information to MBS Direct Service Center.
- Electronic reserve requests should be submitted 4-6 weeks before the beginning of the semester for optimal service. E-Reserves ([email protected]) must be requested each semester. Please send your syllabus or list of assigned materials with assignment dates. Eligible materials may include chapters from books, journal/newspaper articles, internet content, and films. Review this page for more information.
5. Audio/Visual Equipment
Classrooms are already equipped with a computer, projector, and Microsoft PowerPoint capabilities. However, if you need additional audio/visual equipment, submit an Audio/Visual Request form.
6. University Policies
Read through and understand your responsibilities regarding University Policies on the University Policies page. Please scroll to the bottom of that page to find the policies.
7. Faculty Kick-Off
Attend the Faculty Kick-Off to hear about policies and additional resources from the AAP administrative team. You will receive an email invitation to attend through your JHU email account.