Faculty Semester Start Checklist
Welcome to Advanced Academic Programs (AAP). The following checklist and information should assist you in getting started with your teaching assignment.
1. Adjunct Contract(s) and Acknowledgment Forms
- Sign, date, and return your Memorandum of Appointment
- Sign, date, and return the Acknowledgement of Textbook Selection. Read the JHU Policy on Textbook Affordability.
Delivery Methods for Adjunct Contracts and Acknowledgement forms (please choose one of the following)
- Email (scan) AAPFinance@jhu.edu
- Postal Mail
The Johns Hopkins University KSAS/Advanced Academic Programs
Attn: AAP Finance Department
1717 Massachusetts Ave NW, Ste. 104 Washington, DC 20036
Submit your syllabus to your Program Director and send it separately to the Faculty Services Coordinator. If you are teaching online, post your syllabus to your course.
3. Textbook Information and Electronic Reserve Materials
- MBS Bookstore. Receive an email from AAP staff 10-12 weeks prior to the start of term with instructions for listing textbooks in the MBS Bookstore. Submit your book information to MBS Direct Service Center.
- Electronic reserve requests should be submitted 4-6 weeks before the beginning of the semester for optimal service. E-Reserves (firstname.lastname@example.org) must be requested each semester. Please send your syllabus or list of assigned materials with assignment dates. Eligible materials may include chapters from books, journal/newspaper articles, internet content, and films. Review this page for more information.
4. Audio/Visual Equipment
Classrooms are already equipped with a computer, projector, and Microsoft PowerPoint capabilities. However, if you need additional audio/visual (AV) equipment, submit an Audio/Visual (AV) Request form.
5. Contact Information for Faculty Services
Review and save the Contact Information for Faculty Services page. This is a helpful resource to which you may need to refer throughout the term.
6. University Policies
Read through and understand your responsibilities regarding University Policies on the University Policies page. Please scroll to the bottom of that page to find the policies.
7. Faculty Orientation
Attend the faculty orientation to hear about policies and additional resources from the AAP administrative team. You will receive an email invitation to attend through your JHU email account.