Information Technology Support
Johns Hopkins University offers various options to support faculty with their information technology needs. The following is a list of resources you can contact in the event that specific need arise.
General IT Support
- Faculty who require classroom/lab equipment support, please contact the Faculty Services Coordinator at your location as listed in the Contact Information Directory.
- If you require assistance using Hopkins systems, such as accessing your JHED Account or e-mail, using VPN, or library access, contact the Hopkins help desk via one of their 3 (help) extension lines: x5-, 6-, or 7-HELP (4357); or by either of their email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Help Desk staff perform triage service, handling specific incidents for which they are trained. They then distribute all other calls to the unit which can best respond to the incident. The call center operates on a 24-hour day / 7 day week. For more information on technical support and services offered, visit the Johns Hopkins Information Technology website at it.jhu.edu.
Support for Online Courses
- If you require technical assistance concerning online courses, please contact email@example.com.
- For questions related to online course design and instructional support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions related to multimedia support, contact email@example.com.
- For questions related to Blackboard and technology training, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consult the Administrative Contact Information Directory for further contact information.