Graduation Application and Ceremonies
Apply for Graduation
All graduates must apply for graduation, regardless of whether or not they are attending the ceremony. While commencement occurs once each year in May, degrees are conferred each semester. You may apply for graduation and degree conferment at the beginning of the semester you complete your degree requirements.
|Graduation Semester||Graduation Application Deadline|
|Fall 2020||Friday, November 6, 2020|
|Spring 2021||Friday, March 5, 2021|
|Summer 2021||Friday, July 9, 2021|
To apply for graduation, please follow these steps:
- Complete the online Application for Graduation in SIS. Go to: Registration → Program of Study Info → Apply to Graduate.
- There is a $100 graduation fee for which students will be automatically billed. To manage your student billing online, visit sis.jhu.edu.
- After completing the above form, Enrollment Services will e-mail to confirm receipt of your application.
- Graduates who have applied to graduation in the Summer, Fall, and Spring will be contacted early spring to RSVP for the KSAS Master’s Ceremony with instructions on how to purchase your regalia.
Call the Advanced Academic Programs Office at 1-800-847-3330 regarding any general questions about graduation.
- For information about graduation status, graduation clearance, or your application for graduation, please email Ed Squires or call 202-452-1931.
- For information about the ceremony, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about ordering caps and gowns, please email the Johns Hopkins University Book Center or call 410-662-5850.