Graduation Application and Ceremonies
2021 Krieger School of Arts & Sciences Master’s Ceremony
The 2021 KSAS Master’s Ceremony is scheduled for Wednesday, May 26, at 3 PM EDT. Everyone is invited to participate as graduates from Summer 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021 are individually recognized for finishing their programs. This year’s ceremony will be held completely virtually as the University balances health and safety guidance with ongoing developments related to the global pandemic. While a virtual ceremony is not the preferred model, it will allow for the incorporation of new techniques to highlight all the graduates have accomplished.
Invitations have been sent! If you didn’t receive your invitation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your invitation resent.
Apply for Graduation
All graduates must apply for graduation, regardless of whether or not they are attending the ceremony. While commencement occurs once each year in May, degrees are conferred each semester. You may apply for graduation and degree conferment at the beginning of the semester you complete your degree requirements.
|Graduation Semester||Graduation Application Deadline|
|Spring 2021||Friday, March 5, 2021|
|Summer 2021||Friday, July 9, 2021|
|Fall 2021||Friday, November 5, 2021|
To apply for graduation, please follow these steps:
- Complete the online Application for Graduation in SIS. Go to: Registration → Program of Study Info → Apply to Graduate.
- There is a $100 graduation fee for which students will be automatically billed. To manage your student billing online, visit sis.jhu.edu.
- After completing the above form, Enrollment Services will e-mail to confirm receipt of your application.
- Graduates who have applied to graduation in the Summer, Fall, and Spring will be contacted early spring to RSVP for the KSAS Master’s Ceremony with instructions on how to purchase your regalia.
Call the Advanced Academic Programs Office at 1-800-847-3330 regarding any general questions about graduation.
- For information about graduation status, graduation clearance, or your application for graduation, please submit a support case.
- For information about the ceremony, please email email@example.com.
- For questions about ordering caps and gowns, please email the Johns Hopkins University Book Center or call 410-662-5850.