Individualized Genomics and Health
Register for April 4 Online Information Session
Individualized Genomics and Health is a rapidly growing area of research and applied science. The growth is due in large part to our increasing dependence on DNA and RNA sequence analysis of human and microbial genomes for diagnosis and treatment of disease. This emerging field requires a workforce with multi-disciplinary skills in bioinformatics, bioscience, regulatory science, policy and ethics. The goal of this degree program is to produce a highly skilled workforce with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to meet the demands of the academic, research, and business communities.
|Course Locations||Baltimore, MD; Rockville, MD; Online|
|Available 100% Online||*Yes.|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring or Summer semester|
|Degree Requirements||10 courses|
|Tuition and Fees||Tuition in the 2019-2020 academic year is $4,499 per course.
Please note: 2019-2020 tuition rates are tentative pending approval by the Board of Trustees.
Students will be able to:
- Explain the molecular and genetic basis for human disease including the role of epigenetics
- Analyze a human genome to identify possible indicators of health and disease
- Apply bioinformatics tools to the analysis of human DNA sequences
- Explain the ethical, legal and regulatory aspects of individualized genomics and health
- Understand the laboratory methods required to identifying genes responsible for disease
State-specific Information for Online Programs
*Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- 5.15 - Dr. Kristina Obom, Director for the Center for Biotechnology Education, Interviewed by BioBuzz
- 4.6 - New Concentration in Regenerative and Stem Cell Technologies
- 12.21 - Kristina Obom, Patrick Cummings and Josh Olszewicz Had Their Article Published in the Journal of Visualized Experiments, JoVE
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course Schedule
- Multi-Year Schedule