Advanced Graduate Study in Liberal Arts
The Certificate Program for Advanced Graduate Study in the Liberal Arts empowers students to stoke their intellectual curiosity, passion, and diversity beyond graduation. It provides the ideal opportunity for the lifelong learner to continue to explore the world from an academic perspective — and in so doing, better understand their potential as dynamic thinkers.
Certificate in Advanced Graduate Study
in Liberal Arts
|Format||Online and Onsite (Baltimore, MD)|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring, and Summer|
|Degree Requirements||10 courses|
|Length of Program||12 – 24 months|
|Tuition||$2,797 per course|
The Johns Hopkins University Certificate Program for Advanced Graduate Study in the Liberal Arts is designed for graduates of the Johns Hopkins University Master of Liberal Arts Program (MLA) or graduates of comparable master’s programs in the liberal arts or humanities.
Each semester, you’ll select from a range of courses, often clustered in particular thematic areas. It provides you the unique opportunity to:
- Take new courses or special courses from a favorite instructor.
- Engage in stimulating and dynamic discussions in the MLA seminars.
- Meet other students who are interested in learning about new things.
- Study with distinguished Hopkins faculty from departments and programs across the university and field specialists from the Maryland State Archives, the Walters Art Gallery, and others.
- Explore interdisciplinary topics and approaches.
- Cluster courses for professional development.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
View Gainful Employment Disclosure Information.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students currently cannot conduct internships in Kentucky. For more information, please contact an admissions representative. Students should be aware of additional state-specific information for online programs.
- 4.8 - Dr. Cabello’s Interview with Edouard Louis on May 4, 2019
- 3.22 - Master of Liberal Arts Program Named One of the Best in the Nation
- 3.7 - Dr. Cabello’s Entry in the Global Encyclopedia of LGBTQ History
View a recorded Online Open House session (Spring 2019)
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Meet Our Students