Department of Health and Human Services HHS University
In support of workforce development, education and training initiatives within HHS and all of its subordinate organizations, HHS has partnered with Johns Hopkins University to offer programs for part-time graduate students.
Classes are offered in Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, Maryland. Many programs can be completed online or with a combination of online and on-site classes.
For the identified degree programs (listed below) the following benefits apply:
- 10% tuition reduction per course.
- The application fee is waived.
- Actively employed, full-time Federal employees at the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, its divisions, and reporting agencies.
- Contractors to HHS, its divisions, and reporting agencies are eligible.
- Dependents and spouses are not eligible for this benefit.
- Non-degree seeking students are eligible, as long as they apply to and take classes in one of the programs listed below.
- Participants must be admitted and maintain good academic standing.
- Participants will be required to verify their eligibility by uploading a letter by the supervisor on the HHS letterhead to the application. Subsequent email correspondence regarding eligibility must come from the HHS email address.
Master’s Degrees Eligible for This Benefit
- Applied Economics
- Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Environmental Sciences and Policy (Cannot be completed fully online)
- Food Safety Regulation
- Geographic Information Systems
- Data Analytics and Policy
- Public Management
- Research Administration
- Science Writing
Take the Next Step
Take your career to the next level with Johns Hopkins advanced academic programs.