AAP students can integrate online courses into their graduate study. Some programs offer their entire degree online; others provide online courses but require in-person course work as well. Check your program’s homepage for more information about specific degree requirements. Learn about the technical information need to take online classes, the support services available, and how to register for an online course.
Online courses offer the busy student several advantages.
Online students don’t commute to a physical classroom. Instead, they work inside a course management system to complete assignments and interact with instructors and classmates. There are due dates for course work, but students can log in to the course management system at their convenience.
All AAP courses are taught by highly-accomplished instructors, known for the scholarship and practice of their disciplines. Online courses allow AAP to expand our faculty pool beyond the DC/Baltimore area, offering students the chance to work with excellent instructors from all over the country and the world.
High Levels of Interaction
Online students communicate with their instructors and classmates through discussion boards, group assignments, and the occasional live online event. Students often say the online environment allows them to learn as much from their classmates as they do from their instructors and assignments.
- MS in Applied Economics
- MS in Bioinformatics
- MS in Biotechnology
- Master of Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- MA in Communication
- MA in Cultural Heritage Management
- MS in Energy Policy and Climate
- MS in Environmental Sciences and Policy
- MS in Food Safety Regulation
- MS in Geographic Information Systems
- MS in Geospatial Intelligence
- MA in Government
- MS in Government Analytics
- MS in Individualized Genomics and Health
- Master of Liberal Arts
- MA in Museum Studies
- MA in Public Management
- MS in Regulatory Science
- MS in Research Administration
- MA in Science Writing
- MA in Teaching Writing
- Advanced Graduate Study in Liberal Arts
- Applied Research in Communication
- Biotechnology Enterprise
- Digital Curation
- Geographic Information Systems
- Government Analytics
- IIF Certificate in Forecasting
- International Research Administration Management
- Nonprofit Management
- Post Master’s Certificate in Quantitative Methods in Applied Economics
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics
- Science, Technology, and International Security
- Science Writing
- Teaching Writing