AAP students can integrate online courses into their graduate study. Some programs offer their entire degree online; others provide online courses but require in-person course work as well. Check your program’s homepage for more information about specific degree requirements. Learn about the benefits of online education, the time commitment, the technical information need to take online classes, the support services available, and how to register for an online course.
Online courses offer the busy student several advantages.
- Flexibility - Online students don’t commute to a physical classroom. Instead, they work inside a course management system to complete assignments and interact with instructors and classmates. There are due dates for course work, but students can log in to the course management system at their convenience.
- Excellent Instructors - All AAP courses are taught by highly-accomplished instructors, known for the scholarship and practice of their disciplines. Online courses allow AAP to expand our faculty pool beyond the DC/Baltimore area, offering students the chance to work with excellent instructors from all over the country and the world.
- High levels of interaction - Online students communicate with their instructors and classmates through discussion boards, group assignments, and the occasional live online event. Students often say the online environment allows them to learn as much from their classmates as they do from their instructors and assignments.
- MS in Applied Economics
- MS in Bioinformatics
- MS in Biotechnology
- MS in Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Certificate in Biotechnology Enterprise
- MA in Communication
- Certificate in Geographic Information Systems
- MS in Geographic Information Systems
- MA in Museum Studies
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- MS in Regulatory Science
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics