Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
A successful biotechnology enterprise depends on trained professionals who understand science and who are also skilled in the complexities of biotechnology commercialization. This exciting new program brings together a strong science foundation with biotechnology enterprise and entrepreneurship, providing a unique educational venue for scientists to better understand the entire biotechnology enterprise and issues unique to the industry.
|Course Locations||Rockville, MD; Online|
|Available 100% Online||*Yes.|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring or Summer semester|
|Degree Requirements||10 courses|
- Formulate strategies that reflect the interdisciplinary nature of the biotechnology industry in the areas of science, regulation and enterprise.
- Develop and carry out appropriate leadership strategies to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Create financial and funding strategies for success under various economic situations.
- Demonstrate principles of human interrelationships to research, design and development activities, with emphasis upon principles of communication.
- Navigate the various steps in the development of a biotechnology derived product: from its inception as intellectual property, to scale-up, to the final product.
- Create marketing strategies that achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Formulate product launch strategies in the US and internationally that reflect changes in the regulation of the product approval and marketing process.
- Solve organizational problems arising from a legal and technology framework.
- Identify, evaluate and assess risks and payoffs in monetary and non-monetary terms.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
*Note: We currently are not accepting applications to the online Master of Biotechnology in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship from students who reside in Kansas. Students should be aware of additional state-specific information for online programs.
- 2.20 - Alumni Feature: Roxana Trimbitas
- 2.20 - Faculty Feature: Tom Colonna
- 2.20 - Student Feature: Justin Chang
Connect With Us
- Course Description
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Multi-Year Schedule
- Our Community
- The Experience
- Contact Information