Advanced Graduate Study in Liberal Arts
Register for February 9 Master of Liberal Arts Online Open House
The Certificate Program for Advanced Graduate Study in the Liberal Arts empowers students to stoke their intellectual curiosity, passion, and diversity beyond graduation. It provides the ideal opportunity for the lifelong learner to continue to explore the world from an academic perspective — and in so doing, better understand their potential as dynamic thinkers.
|Course Locations||Baltimore, MD|
|Available 100% Online||No.|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring or Summer semester|
|Degree Requirements||Ten courses|
The Johns Hopkins University Certificate Program for Advanced Graduate Study in the Liberal Arts is designed for graduates of the Johns Hopkins University Master of Liberal Arts Program (MLA) or graduates of comparable master’s programs in the liberal arts or humanities.
Each semester, you’ll select from a range of courses, often clustered in particular thematic areas. It provides you the unique opportunity to:
- Take new courses or special courses from a favorite instructor.
- Engage in stimulating and dynamic discussions in the MLA seminars.
- Meet other students who are interested in learning about new things.
- Study with distinguished Hopkins faculty from departments and programs across the university and field specialists from the Maryland State Archives, the Walters Art Gallery, and others.
- Explore interdisciplinary topics and approaches.
- Cluster courses for professional development.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
View Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
- 9.16 - MLA Program Graduate Edward Gillespie in Washington Post
- 4.7 - Acclaimed Author Charles C. Mann Announced as KSAS Master’s Degree Ceremony Speaker
- 10.10 - Student’s Perspective on Master of Liberal Arts Degree
- Course Description
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Our Community
- The Experience
- Program Resources