Advanced Graduate Study in Liberal Arts
The Certificate Program for Advanced Graduate Study in the Liberal Arts empowers students to stoke their intellectual curiosity, passion, and diversity beyond graduation. It provides the ideal opportunity for the lifelong learner to continue to explore the world from an academic perspective — and in so doing, better understand their potential as dynamic thinkers.
|Course Locations||Baltimore, MD|
|Available 100% Online||No. For questions regarding courses available over the next year, contact the MLA director, Laura DeSisto at email@example.com|
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring or Summer semester|
|Degree Requirements||Ten courses|
|Tuition and Fees||Tuition in the 2018-2019 academic year is $2,638 per course. More information.|
The Johns Hopkins University Certificate Program for Advanced Graduate Study in the Liberal Arts is designed for graduates of the Johns Hopkins University Master of Liberal Arts Program (MLA) or graduates of comparable master’s programs in the liberal arts or humanities.
Each semester, you’ll select from a range of courses, often clustered in particular thematic areas. It provides you the unique opportunity to:
- Take new courses or special courses from a favorite instructor.
- Engage in stimulating and dynamic discussions in the MLA seminars.
- Meet other students who are interested in learning about new things.
- Study with distinguished Hopkins faculty from departments and programs across the university and field specialists from the Maryland State Archives, the Walters Art Gallery, and others.
- Explore interdisciplinary topics and approaches.
- Cluster courses for professional development.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
View Gainful Employment Disclosure Information
- 5.17 - Black Queer History: Tristan Cabello’s Talk with Little Academy in August
- 2.28 - The End of Eddy: Tristan Cabello on Sexuality, Literature and The New Left in Contemporary France
- 1.25 - Master of Liberal Arts Program’s Fall 2017 Capstone Spotlight
View a recorded Online Open House session (Spring 2018)
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule