Center for Advanced Governmental Studies
The Johns Hopkins University Center for Advanced Governmental Studies (The Center), located in Washington DC’s vibrant Dupont Circle neighborhood, encompasses several degrees and certificate programs designed to enhance understanding of the processes of government and global security.
The Center is home to the following degrees and certificates:
- MA in Government
- MA in Global Security Studies
- MA in Public Management
- MS in Government Analytics
- Dual MA in Global Security Studies/Certificate in Intelligence
- Dual MA in Government/MBA
- Certificate in Government Analytics
- Certificate in Intelligence
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- Government Analytics/Intelligence Certificate
- Certificate in Science, Technology, and International Security
- Public Management/Government Analytics Certificate
- Public Management/Intelligence Certificate
- Public Management/Nonprofit Management Certificate
These programs bring together theory and practice in the study of government and its effects domestically and abroad, while preparing individuals for leadership positions in the public and private sectors.
Our mission, to provide a strong foundation of knowledge upon which innovative policy programs and promising leaders can develop, informs all of The Center’s initiatives. We invite you to read a welcome and introduction to these programs from the Chair of the Center, Ben Ginsberg. You can also click through our blog, where you will get an up-close look at the people, activities and programs that make the Center for Advanced Governmental Studies a vibrant community.
Partnerships, Events and Publications
The Center serves as a forum for policy discussions and provides a venue for unbiased efforts to expand knowledge of the various governmental components, how they interact, and how they comply with their mandates in administering the affairs of state. We also aim to confront the complexities of the 21st century security environment and contribute to the research and analysis that shapes the American response.
To these ends, the Center for Advanced Governmental Studies sponsors policy events and forums, and is involved in a number of government and private sector partnerships. We welcome opportunities for collaborations and initiatives that fit within The Center’s goals of educational exchange and workshop/training efforts that further the understanding of the roles and functions of government.
We host special events, policy workshops, and summits with embassies, government agencies, Washington think-tanks, and other organizations. The Center also publishes papers on topics that can help inform current policy debates. Click here to view current publications.
For inquiries or further information regarding the Center, please contact Kathy Wagner Hill, PhD, Director of the Center for Advanced Governmental Studies at 202.452.1953 or email@example.com.
- 7.20 - David Satter’s Op-Ed Article in The Wall Street Journal
- 7.19 - Amir Poudel Will Be Presenting at Stockholm University
- 7.17 - Odyssey Fall 2017 Course Catalog Available Now
Read Our Blog
Connect With Us