Food Safety Regulation
The Master of Science in Food Safety Regulation is designed to provide students with an understanding of the legal and regulatory complexities of food production, labeling, and distribution. The program will provide students with the knowledge required for companies and organizations that grow, process, distribute, or sell foods and beverages while complying with federal and state regulatory statutes for the production, distribution, and commercialization of food products. Students will complete 10 graduate-level courses within a five-year timeline.
MS in Food Safety Regulation
|Entry Terms||Fall, Spring, and Summer|
|Degree Requirements||10 courses|
|Length of Program||12 – 24 months|
|Tuition||$4,495 per course|
On completion of the Master of Science in Food Safety Regulation, you will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate mastery of technical and critical thinking skills in food safety regulation submissions and statutes
- Design, develop and implement food safety regulatory submissions
- Analyze and evaluate food safety regulatory statutes, regulations, guidance documents and submissions.
Measures to Determine Student Learning
Students in the MS in Food Safety Regulation program will take 10 courses, seven of which are required. Our curriculum offers hands-on, real life food safety regulatory experience through case-studies and other assignments. Students are expected to research, evaluate, and present scientifically and legally-justifiable positions on case-studies from different perspectives of advanced regulatory topics.
Designed for Working Adults
The MS in Food Safety Regulation program offers all courses conveniently online. Most of your highly interactive coursework consists of courses taught by professionals in the field of food safety, from the FDA and the food industry. You have up to five years to complete the degree, which typically takes working students between two and three years to complete.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- 5.15 - Dr. Kristina Obom, Director for the Center for Biotechnology Education, Interviewed by BioBuzz
- 11.17 - Emerging Opportunities in Biotechnology 2017
- 4.11 - Washington Post Publishes Article about MS in Regulatory Science Program
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Career Opportunities
- Multi-Year Schedule
- The Experience