How do I apply?

Apply online here. Send in your supporting documents. Each program requires different supporting documents. Please find a listing of them here.

Where do I mail my supporting documents (including official transcripts)?

Johns Hopkins University Admissions Office 1717 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 101 Washington, DC 20036 Official electronic transcripts may be sent to: aapadmissions@jhu.edu

When does the next term start?

Please visit the Academic Calendar for a current list of semester start dates.

How do I check the status of my application?

Log back into your online application here.

Do I need to submit transcripts from every college or university I’ve attended, even if I only took a few courses at one of them?

Yes. We require official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions you attended.

What is your FAFSA code?

The FAFSA code is E00473

What is the GRE and TOEFL code?

The code for the GRE and TOEFL is 8747

My GPA is below a 3.0. Can I still apply?

The Admissions Committee will consider all aspects of your application. As a result, applicant with less than a 3.0 GPA may still apply.

What does “conditional” and “provisional” status mean?

A conditional student is completing his/her undergraduate degree at the time of application.  Such applicants must be in their final semester of study and must have completed at least 97 credits prior to applying.  We can admit these applicants under the condition that they submit their final, official transcript showing degree conferral from their undergraduate institution prior to registering for their second semester of study. A provisional student is one who does not fulfill the academic requirements for admission as a degree candidate, but if they complete specific prerequisite coursework and/or take a specific number of courses and complete them successfully, they can later be admitted as a degree student.  The Admissions Committee determines which applicants are provisional. This information is expressed in the admission letter.

Can I just take courses? What if I don’t want a degree?

Only current students are allowed to register for classes. If an applicant does not want to become a degree candidate, they can apply to the program as a special student. For more information about becoming a special student please click here.

Is the immunization form required with the application or can I submit it after I have been reviewed?

The immunization form is required for those under age 26, unless you meet the waiver criteria. The immunization form is not a part of the admissions process. Instead, it is required prior to registration for the first class. If a student is under the age of 26, in a fully online program, and does not live in the region surrounding Washington, DC they should use the Immunization Waiver Form.

What will my diploma say?

Your diploma will say that you graduated from:  Johns Hopkins University Krieger School of Arts and Sciences.

Does the Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) accept transfer credit from another accredited graduate program outside of Johns Hopkins?

Graduate courses taken at another institution other than Johns Hopkins University are not accepted and cannot count toward graduate degree requirements in the Advanced Academic Programs, unless specific approval is received in writing by the program director.

What is Advanced Standing and do I qualify?

Advanced Standing criteria varies by program. Please visit the Admissions Requirements page for your program of interest to determine program specific qualifications and required materials.

Overall, Advanced Standing allows consideration for seasoned professionals with accomplishments in a field or those who have graduate-level coursework from an accredited college or university to be exempt from taking up to two courses towards degree completion. This policy applies to the programs listed below only and the request for consideration must be made at the time of application. Applicants approved for advanced standing will receive official notification in their acceptance letter.

The following programs that will consider awarding advanced standing in 2016–2017: