Professional Success Support
Advanced Academic Programs offers resources to support your professional success, regardless of where you are in your career or your job search.
Explore & Connect
- Handshake – is the career services platform for Johns Hopkins University. It houses additional resources to support your exploration and development, includes an extensive job board of full-time, part-time, and internship positions, and connects you to career coaching and employers through workshops and events.
- PeopleGrove – connect with thousands of JHU alumni for one-on-one mentoring opportunities. Ask for industry insight, get help with your resume, or learn more about their professional journey. Sign up for PeopleGrove and find an alumni mentor today.
- Employer Engagement – connect with employers through JHU events on campus and virtually. View and register for employer events through Handshake.
- Candid Career – learn about industries, job titles, companies, and majors. Unsure of where to go within your field? Candid Career can help you gain insight into the possibilities.
- Vault – explore industries, companies, or professions and learn how to position yourself for your next move.
- GoingGlobal – access resources for working abroad or applying for work visas in the US.
- LinkedIn Learning – JHU students have full access to LinkedIn Learning’s expert-led online video tutorials.
- Skillsoft – access virtual trainings on professional skills to enhance your resume.
- Academic Advising – speak with your academic advisor to learn which courses will best prepare you for your next step.
Prepare & Apply
- Workshops and Webinars – join Career Coaches live in person or online to learn about launching a successful job search and submitting strong applications. View and register for workshops and webinars through Handshake.
- Tutor.com – log on for 24/7 virtual career coaching on resumes, cover letters, interview prep, and job searches through our partners at Tutor.com. Log on to Tutor.com through Blackboard. Please see the instructions.
- VocaPrep – practice and prepare for a strong case interview.
AAP professional success support works closely with Integrative Learning and Life Design to provide students with the connections, tools, and opportunities necessary to succeed, not only in the next career move but also in designing lives. Learn more about Life Design at JHU.
If you have difficulty accessing the above resources, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- 1.25 - AAP Student Kimberly Church Named Finalist for Presidential Management Fellows Program
- 10.10 - Career Planning Guide: Plan and Develop Future Career Path
- 2.17 - AAP Regulatory Science Students Wenny Du and Adria Tyndall Are Published in Nature Reviews