Career Services Mission
In the 21st century, huge changes are redefining the nature of work and careers. A guaranteed job after graduation, a job for life with a steady climb up the career ladder and a gold watch at retirement are yesterday’s realities. The average adult will transition in employment many times, either by choice or by force. With Bureau of Labor statistics reporting in 2008 that a typical worker’s tenure with his/her current employer was 4.1 years, it’s conceivable that a current AAP graduate student could expect to change jobs 5–7 times in the course of his/her career(s).
Advanced Academic Programs equips full-time working adults with knowledge essential for advancing their professional careers. Career Services partners with AAP students and equips them with strategies and tactics essential for continued career development and career transition. With a focus on learning job-search skills for a lifetime, AAP students become an active participant in their own continuing career development.
AAP Career Resources
The CAAP Center (powered by Symplicity) is a career management system that provides resources for current AAP students and alumni. You can:
- search for internship and job opportunities
- create your own professional profile to share with network contacts
- learn and develop interview skills
- review examples and guidance on cover letters and resumes
- find a range of job search resources targeted to specific AAP academic programs
- develop a portfolio to market your expertise
- locate career resources in the career library
Career Services is available to help you to:
- develop a focused job search strategy
- enhance internship search
- create a targeted resume
- develop self-marketing tools and techniques
- practice interviewing skills
- build internship resources
- understand negotiating skills for the onboarding process and throughout career trajectory
- effectively apply to Federal job opportunities
Location of Services
Career Services are available by appointment to enrolled students and recent alumni at the DC Center on students Monday-Wednesday at 1717 Massachusetts Ave NW Suite 104.
Career Services are available by appointment to enrolled students and recent alumni at the Baltimore campus alternate Thursdays at the Wyman Park building.
Montgomery County Campus (MCC)
Career Services are available by appointment to enrolled students and recent alumni at MCC on alternating Thursdays and Fridays at Gilchrist Hall in the AAP Biotechnology Suite. HSI students can utilize walk-in appointments between 2pm-6pm on the Thursday appointment days.
Career Services are available by appointment to students and recent alumni virtually Monday-Friday for students who are unable to attend an appointment on campus.
To schedule an appointment as well as accessing career services resources, please log onto The CAAP Center: