Obtaining a J-Card

The J-Card is the University ID card. A photo J-Card ID is required for all faculty members. A J-Card Photo ID is needed to gain access to buildings on the Baltimore, MCC, and Washington, DC campuses. The J-Card is also used to obtain borrowing privileges from the Eisenhower Library. Your library account is activated the first time you check an item out of one of the library centers.

Upon submission of your signed contract, and completion of your I-9 employment verification, faculty are eligible to obtain their Photo J-Card ID.

There are three ways to obtain your J-Card ID:

1. Faculty may upload their picture and then would submit an AAP J-Card Online Request FormIn the My JHU portal, you can upload a color picture of yourself. Search for your JHED ID here.
ID Cards can be collected day and evening hours at the BOB Building, 1717 Massachusetts Ave NW, Suite 104.

2. Visit us in person — Washington DC campus:

AAP Office of ID Card Services
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
1717 Massachusetts Ave NW (BOB Building)
Suite 104
Washington, DC 20036

J-Card Services Hours:
Monday-Thursday, 3-7 pm. Friday/Saturday by appointment.

We prefer that Photo IDs be requested online.

3. Visit us in person — Homewood Campus:

Office of ID Card Services
Johns Hopkins University
Wyman Building, Room 171
3100 Wyman Park Drive
Baltimore, MD 21211
Tel: 410-516-5121

To replace a lost/damaged J-Card, please contact  AAP J-Card Services aapjcard@jhu.edu.

For more information on J-Cards, visit the Office of ID Card Services page.