Faculty Professional Development
AAP Faculty, please check your email for an invitation to the 3rd Annual Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) Faculty Professional Development Summit, on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019, in Washington, DC. Registration will begin at 8:30 AM with our first session starting at 9:00 PM. The event will conclude with a Mix & Mingle reception form 4:10-5:00 PM.
This year we will have three breakout sessions with some repeating sessions that focus on pedagogy, challenges, and tools and technology for the classroom. While we plan to live stream the keynote and one of the four sessions for each breakout session, the best way to catch all the sessions is by attending in person.
If you have not received an invitation, please reach out to your program director for the invitation.
Faculty Professional Development Repository
- Faculty Professional Development Summit on Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century (November 3, 2018)
- Faculty Professional Development Summit on Student Engagement (November 4, 2017)
Past Workshops (before 2017)
November 15, 2014
Presenters: AAP Program Directors and AAP Instructional Resource Center (IRC)
Subject: Basics of Blackboard, How to Navigate Blackboard, the Course Readiness Process, and Panopto.
Audience: New faculty teaching an existing online course.
- Reviewing a current Blackboard Course
- Basics of Blackboard
- Course Readiness
November 4, 2014
Presenter: Dr. Mariale Hardiman, the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs at Johns Hopkins University School of Education
Subject: “How the Learning Sciences Inform Pedagogy.”
September 25, 2014
Tools & Resources
- Administrative Contact Information
- Faculty Semester Start Checklist
- Faculty Professional Development
- Instructional Resource Center (IRC)
- Information Technology Support
- Faculty JHU Email
- 2018-2019 Academic Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- AAP Report Schedule (PDF)
- Desk Copy Request Form