How do I check my student account?

You can check your account and make payments conveniently online via self-service tools at sis.jhu.edu

How do I request to have a pre-requisite waived, or take a leave of absence?

There are a number of student-initiated forms that can be submitted on line or downloaded for submission. These forms include: requests to waive pre-requisites, add-drop, leave of absence, or change student status. Click here to go to the list of student forms. In addition to submitting your request, contact your program advisor concerning your request. There are a number of student-initiated forms that can be submitted on line or downloaded for submission. These forms include: requests to waive pre-requisites, add-drop, leave of absence, or change student status.

How do I change my contact information?

It is important to keep your contact information up to date with the university. To update your mailing address or e-mail address, please go to sis.jhu.edu, log on with your JHED log in ID and password, and select Student Data Form at the bottom of the page.

I am a student with a disability. How do I request accommodations?

Students with disabilities must submit a request for accommodations and documentation from a diagnostician. Details on the procedures and contact information can be found here.

I have been accepted as a provisional student. Will my status automatically be changed after successful completion of my initial courses?

The Registration Office will automatically update your status when your provision is met. This happens approximately 2-3 weeks after the start of the term following the provision completion.

How do I get to campus? Is there parking available?

For directions to the AAP sites and facilities information, please look over the web pages for the campuses.

Is there a computer lab available where I can work?

Students have access to computers in the libraries and in various computer labs. Please look for more information by campus.

How do I know where my class will be held?

Courses are listed in the Course Schedule by location. For specific information on room assignments, please check SIS.

I know I am just starting my program, but I am interested in attending the graduation ceremony. Where can I find information? How soon must I apply for graduation?

All students must complete an application for graduation. While commencement occurs once each year in May, degrees are conferred each semester. You may apply for graduation and degree conferment at the beginning of the semester you complete your degree requirements. Information on graduation application deadlines and the graduation ceremony can be found here.

I will be moving to the area. Where do I live?

Your program location, budget, and mode of transportation will influence your housing selection. Please consult the Housing Resources.

I am an international student. Is health insurance mandatory and if so, how do I get it? How do I find a doctor?

International students who are enrolled in three courses or more to satisfy their F-1 visa requirements are considered the full-time status and are required to enroll in the University Student Health Insurance plan or a comparable plan. The Student Health Insurance Plan is administered by Aetna Student Health. Information on how to enroll can be found at Student Health Insurance page. Once enrolled, students can search for a doctor on the Aetna site.

I don’t have a car. If my program runs courses at both Montgomery County and the Homewood campus in Baltimore or both the Washington DC Center and the Homewood campus in Baltimore, can I register for courses at two locations?

JHU does not provide transportation between these campuses. Students can travel via public transportation between Baltimore and Washington DC center by taking the Homewood shuttle to the MARC train at Penn Station and then the red line metro from Union Station to Dupont Circle. Consult the Campuses page for more information. Public transportation between the Montgomery County campus and the Homewood campus is very difficult. Riding by car takes at least one hour one way during non-rush hour times. It is best to choose a primary campus location and consult with your academic advisor in course selection. For students who must travel between Homewood and Montgomery County, carpooling is encouraged.

I am an international student. Where can I get a job?

Advanced Academic Programs does not provide employment for students. Many students at AAP are working full time in their careers while pursuing coursework in the evenings. There are strict immigration laws which govern the employment of international students in the U.S. It is important to consult the Office of International Services (OIS) on these matters. F-1 and J-1 students can work on a JHU campus, but for no longer than 20 hours per week. Fellow students, faculty, and advisors serve as valuable resources for networking. Campus jobs can be found at the Student employment site at: jhu.edu/stujob