Admission and Application Requirements
Students must hold at least a bachelor’s degree before enrolling in the Master of Art in Non-Governmental Organization Management program. We accept applications up to one year in advance of the intended semester of study.
A student must hold a grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies. A minimum GPA of 3.0 does not guarantee admission. Students will also receive consideration for related interests and work experience. Strong writing skills required.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application and upload required supporting materials*
- Submit the application along with the $75 application fee
Required Supporting Materials
- A 750-word statement of purpose that explains the applicant’s reasons for seeking admission to Johns Hopkins University and his or her academic and professional goals related to NGO Management/nonprofit work.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Recommendations. Under “Recommendations,” include the contact information for two recommenders. Professors or supervisors should verify academic and professional accomplishments. They will be automatically emailed access information to the system. They can then complete and upload their recommendation form.
- Official transcripts
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to email@example.com. If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court
Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
Additional Application Information
No Application Deadline
We accept applications year-round for fall, spring, or summer semesters. We recommend submitting your application materials at least 6 weeks before the desired start date. International students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts.
Take the Next Step
Start or grow your nonprofit leadership career with a flexible, online NGO management degree program.