|Effective immediately, JHU AAP will only accept official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution. Hand delivered transcripts will be discarded upon receipt.|
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university, or equivalent international credential.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application:
- A current resume.
- A statement of purpose (1-2 pages) that explains your reasons for seeking admission, addressing your analytical abilities and interest in studying the theory and practice of research administration.
- Under “Recommendations,” include the contact information for two recommenders. They will be automatically emailed access information to the system. They can then complete and upload their recommendation form. Choose two recommenders that verify professional and/or academic accomplishment.
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee by credit card after you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application. If you have collegiate coursework outside of the United States, upload an unofficial copy of the course-by-course evaluation. Please do not upload unofficial copies of transcripts outside of the United States without the evaluation.
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only. Mail to: Johns Hopkins University AAP Admissions Office, 1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 101, Washington, DC 20036. Or, you can send them electronically through Scrip-Safe or Docufide. You can send these transcripts to us prior to or after applying online. Transcripts depicting fewer than 12 credits that were transferred to a different US institution are not required unless pre-requisites are listed on them. Your application will not be complete until we have received official copies of all transcripts listed.
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more. You can send this evaluation to us prior to or after applying online.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more. You can send these scores to us prior to or after applying online.
No Application Deadline
We accept applications all year round. We encourage applicants to complete their applications a few months before their intended start term. This ensures sufficient time to render an admissions decision. (International students seeking a visa should apply at least 3 months prior to their intended start term, and can only be admitted for fall and spring semesters.) For more about our application process, click here.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Course Schedule