Application Deadline: There is no application deadline as program administrators review applications on an ongoing basis.
Students must hold at least a bachelor’s degree before enrolling in the Master of Art in Non-Governmental Organization Management program. We accept applications up to one year in advance of the intended semester of study.
A student must hold a grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies. A minimum GPA of 3.0 does not guarantee admission. Students will also receive consideration for related interests and work experience. Strong writing skills required.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- A 1,000-word statement of purpose that explains the applicant’s reasons for seeking admission to Johns Hopkins University and his or her academic and professional goals related to NGO Management/nonprofit work.
- Under “Recommendations,” include the contact information for two recommenders to verify professional and academic accomplishment. Preferably, one of the recommenders should be able to speak to the applicant’s academic abilities. Recommenders will automatically receive an email providing information to access the system where they can complete or upload their recommendation.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all the necessary materials (listed above).
If you have a question about admission requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
If you are from outside the US and are interested in applying, please contact Karin Orr for guidance.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round, and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. While there are no strict application deadlines, AAP recommends that students submit all of their application materials at least six weeks before the start of the semester (international students should apply at least three months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements