A four-year degree in a related discipline, such as Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Social Sciences (Political Science, International Relations, Area Studies). For those holding degrees in other disciplines, attention will be given to overall GPA, and demonstrated writing ability. The program requires proficiency in mathematical statistics and probability. Prospective students will have the opportunity to assess their level of proficiency before enrolling in the program.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- A 500-word statement of purpose in pursuing geospatial-intelligence studies
- Please complete and submit this geospatial writing sample.
- Under “Recommendations,” include contact information for two references. At least one academic reference is preferred. References will be automatically emailed access information to the system. They can then complete and upload their recommendation form. References must use the recommendation form found online.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all the necessary materials (listed above).
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
32 Mount Joy Street, Suite 300
Mount Joy, PA 17552
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt (check with the admissions office). Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
* The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
All application materials submitted to Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll in summer, fall or spring terms. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least six weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least three months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Course Schedule
- Multi-Year Schedule