|Effective immediately, JHU AAP will only accept official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution.|
Credentials and Prerequisites
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university in the life sciences or in engineering. Programs require a minimum GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, but meeting the minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission.
- One semester of Biochemistry at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- One semester of Organic Chemistry at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- If a candidate does not have the necessary science prerequisites but meets all the other requirements, this candidate may be admitted provisionally. A provisional student is required to take 410.303 Foundations of Bioscience.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- 500-word statement of purpose. Discuss why you wish to pursue the MS in Food Safety Regulation. Focus on your long term goals and how this academic program will complement these goals. Discuss the strengths of your academic and professional background, as well as any additional comments that will assist in evaluating your application materials.)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Do not upload recommendations, as they are not considered for this program.
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to email@example.com.
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
AAP Admissions Office
1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 101
Washington, DC 20036
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants webpage to learn more.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants webpage to learn more.
* The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
Note: GRE scores are not a standard requirement for the application.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
Johns Hopkins Undergraduate Students
Recent Johns Hopkins undergraduates may apply to a special program that allows them to accelerate their time to degree completion. The admissions committee may waive up to two courses on a case-by-case basis which allows recent Johns Hopkins undergraduates to complete the MS in Food Safety Regulation taking eight courses instead of the required ten.
Provisional Student Status
If a candidate does not meet all of the admissions requirements, this candidate may still be admitted to the program as a provisional student. This type of admission is determined on a case-by-case basis. These candidates may be granted provisional status.
Special Student (Non-Degree Seeking)
A non-degree seeking student can apply to enroll as a “Special Student.” Special Students must follow the same application process as degree-seeking students and should fulfill the same academic criteria for admission. Once admitted, Special Students can take any courses for which they have satisfied the prerequisite requirements.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Career Opportunities
- Multi-Year Schedule
- The Experience