- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the biological sciences or in engineering. Programs require a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Meeting the minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission. All the prerequisites listed below can be taken from the existing Master of Science in Computer Science or in the Master of Science in Biotechnology program. Students who have not completed all the prerequisites may be admitted provisionally to complete the admission requirements.
- Two semesters of Organic Chemistry (or 410.302 Bio-Organic Chemistry)
- One semester of Biochemistry (or 410.601 Biochemistry)
- Introduction to Programming Using Java, C++, or C (or 605.201 Introduction to Programming Using Java)
- Data Structures (or 605.202 Data Structures)
- One course in Probability and Statistics (or 410.645 Biostatistics) and
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application:
- 500-word Statement of Purpose
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Do not upload recommendations, as they are not considered for this program.
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
AAP Admissions Office
1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 101
Washington, DC 20036
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
No Application Deadline
We accept applications all year round. We encourage applicants to complete their applications a few months before their intended start term. This ensures sufficient time to render an admissions decision. (International students seeking a visa should apply at least 3 months prior to their intended start term, and can only be admitted for fall and spring semesters.) For more information about our application process, click here.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Multi-Year Schedule
- Highlight on Alumni
- The Experience