A grade point average of at least a minimum of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate studies. A minimum GPA of 3.0 does not guarantee admission. Particular interests and work experience will also be considered.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- A statement of purpose (1-2 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one academic reference. Recommendation form found on the online application is required.
- A writing sample of two to five pages that is policy oriented. If you do not have a policy-oriented paper that you wish to submit, you may write a three page, double-spaced essay on the following question:
“A memorandum is not written to inform the reader, but to protect the writer.”
—Former Secretary of State Dean Acheson
Please discuss whether you think the quote from former Secretary Acheson is accurate or not and why?
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all the necessary materials (listed above).
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to email@example.com.
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
32 Mount Joy Street, Suite 300
Mount Joy, PA 17552
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
* The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
All application materials submitted to the Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more information about our application process, click here.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- The Experience