|Effective immediately, JHU AAP will only accept official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution.|
- An undergraduate degree in the natural sciences or in engineering from a four-year college with at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in undergraduate studies (relevant work experiences are also considered); applicants with degrees in other disciplines may be able to enroll if their undergraduate work included the prerequisite courses that follow.
- Two semesters of biology.
- Two semesters of college chemistry, preferably with laboratories.
- Two semesters of organic chemistry, preferably with laboratories; Students without adequate organic chemistry may be admitted provisionally to take 410.302 Bio-Organic Chemistry.
- The admissions committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
Students who have already been accepted into the MS Biotechnology program can fill out a change of program form to add the certificate.
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- A 500-word statement of purpose
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all the necessary materials (listed above).
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
AAP Admissions Office
1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 101
Washington, DC 20036
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
* The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
Please note: All application materials submitted to the Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more information about our application process, click here.
Admission Requirements Exceptions
If you do not meet all the requirement criteria for admissions, you may still be admitted to a program. Admission in these cases is determined on a case-by-case basis. These candidates may be granted provisional status.
If you have a question about admission requirements, please don’t hesitate to contact admissions.
Visa and Education Evaluation Requirements
- Admissions Requirements
- Degree Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule