|The Certificate in Science, Technology and International Security is no longer accepting applicants. Students presently in the program will be able to finish as normal.|
A grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies; particular interests and work experience will also be considered.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- A statement of purpose outlining why you wish to study at JHU and how studying at JHU will help you realize your ambitions.
- Under “Recommendations,” include the contact information for two recommenders. At least one academic reference is preferred. The recommendation form found online is required and can be found by clicking here. Recommenders will be automatically emailed access information to the system where they can then complete and upload their recommendation form.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all the necessary materials (listed above).
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to email@example.com.
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
AAP Admissions Office
1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 101
Washington, DC 20036
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
* The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
All application materials submitted to the Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Career Opportunities
- Multi-Year Schedule
- Alumni Advisory Board
- Program Resources
- Summer 2019 Overseas Course: Energy Policy and Environmental Impact in China