- Master’s or doctoral degree in the biological sciences or engineering from an accredited institution
- One semester of Biochemistry or equivalent or 410.601
- One semester of Molecular Biology or equivalent or 410.602
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- 500-word Statement of Purpose
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Do not upload recommendations, as they are not considered for this program.
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to email@example.com.
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
AAP Admissions Office
1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 101
Washington, DC 20036
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
* The admissions committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants.
All application materials submitted to the Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
For a comprehensive listing of application requirements, exceptions, and information for international students, click here.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Tuition and Fees
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- The Experience
- Program Resources