- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university. A bachelor’s degree in the life sciences is recommended. Programs require a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Meeting the minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- 500-word Statement of Purpose. Discuss why you wish to pursue the Certificate in Biotechnology Enterprise. Focus on your long term goals and how this academic program will complement these goals. Discuss the strengths of your academic and professional background, as well as any additional comments that will assist in evaluating your application materials.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Do not upload recommendations, as they are not considered for this program.
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to email@example.com.
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
32 Mount Joy Street, Suite 300
Mount Joy, PA 17552
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
* The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
All application materials submitted to the Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
Provisional Student Status
If you do not meet all the requirement criteria for admissions, you may still be admitted to a program as a provisional student. Admission in these cases are determined on a case-by-case basis. To learn more about the provisional student status, please go to our FAQ page.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students should be aware of state-specific information for online programs. For more information, please contact an admissions representative.
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Students & Alumni
- The Experience
- Program Resources