Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited US college or university. Applicants who received their bachelor’s degree in a country outside of the United States are required to provide a course-by-course credential evaluation and TOEFL or IELTS scores if English is not their first language.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application:
- Resume: Include any part- or full-time work, internship, and volunteer history. Detail any responsibilities related to communication.
- Statement of Purpose: Explain why you are interested in earning the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Applied Research for Communication and how it will help your career. Double space your essay and limit it to 500 words or fewer (place the word count at the end of the document).
- Under “Recommendations,” include the contact information for two recommenders. Professors or supervisors should verify academic and professional accomplishments. They will be automatically emailed access information to the system. They can then complete and upload their recommendation form.
- Writing Sample: Please click here to download the instructions and article for your writing sample. This exercise asks you to write a single, brief paragraph. It should not take the form of a larger document, such as a letter, an email, a report, or a plan. Submit one paragraph with no more than 250 words.
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all the necessary materials (listed above).
- Mail official GRE scores, if applicable: The program may require GRE scores. The program waives this requirement for applicants who have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 and higher or at least five years of full-time work experience after completing college. Submit results directly to the Advanced Academic Programs Office of Admissions, using the code 8747. Photocopies will not be accepted.
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
32 Mount Joy Street, Suite 300
Mount Joy, PA 17552
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
State-specific Information for Online Programs
Note: Students currently cannot conduct internships in Kentucky. For more information, please contact an admissions representative. Students should be aware of additional state-specific information for online programs.
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Course Schedule