A grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the latter half of undergraduate studies is expected for degree candidacy; particular interests and work experience are also considered.
How to Apply
- Complete the Online Application.
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application*:
- An essay that allows assessment of the applicant’s academic, professional, and personal goals
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all the necessary materials (listed above).
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application. If you have collegiate coursework outside of the United States, upload an unofficial copy of the course-by-course evaluation. Please do not upload unofficial copies of transcripts outside of the United States without the evaluation.
JHU AAP accepts official transcripts that are electronically sent directly from the granting institution and emailed to email@example.com.
If your institution does not provide electronic transcripts, request that your institution send an official transcript directly to:
Johns Hopkins University
Advanced Academic Programs
Transcript Processing Center
32 Mount Joy Street, Suite 300
Mount Joy, PA 17552
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Study abroad may be exempt. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
- Admission Interview (After application materials have been evaluated by the Admissions Committee, you will be contacted by the MLA associate program chair to schedule an admission interview.) The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request additional information from applicants, if needed, to assess their candidacy for admission.
* All application materials submitted to the Advanced Academic Programs become the property of Johns Hopkins University and will not be returned to applicants under any circumstances.
No Application Deadline
Applications are accepted year-round and students may apply to enroll for Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. There are no strict application deadlines. However, it is recommended that students submit all of their application materials at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester (international students should apply at least 3 months before the semester starts). For more about our application process, click here.
- Admissions Requirements
- Certificate Requirements
- Course Descriptions
- Career Opportunities
- Course Schedule
- Meet Our Students