The Johns Hopkins University is preparing the leaders of today
As a world leader in biological research and in the global biotechnology industry, our graduate programs are designed for working professionals – delivering the rigorous and practical curricula they need to advance their careers and academic ambitions.
Johns Hopkins’ Advanced Center for Biotechnology Education (CBE) Program is rooted in the multidisciplinary skills of basic research, drug discovery technologies, bioinformatics, regulatory science, and product commercialization that the industry demands. The program offers five master’s degrees, graduate fellowships, and certificates.
Graduate Degree Programs
- Master of Science in Bioinformatics
- Master of Science in Biotechnology
- Master of Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Master of Science in Food Safety Regulation
- Master of Science in Individualized Genomics and Health
- Post-Bacc Health Science Intensive Program
- Master of Science in Regulatory Science
- Master of Science in Biotechnology/Master of Business Administration Dual Degree
- Certificate in Biotechnology Enterprise
- Certificate in Biotechnology Education
- Certificate in Science, Technology, and International Security/MS in Biotechnology with a concentration in Biodefense
- Post Master’s Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics
A Strong Series of Well-balanced Graduate Education Programs
Of the six degree options, five are available fully online: Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship, Bioinformatics, Regulatory Science, Food Safety Regulation, and Biotechnology. In addition, onsite students can capitalize on building laboratory skills and proficiency at our state-of-the-art laboratory (virtually tour the lab), located in the Shady Grove Life Sciences Center at our Montgomery County Campus.
The Baltimore/Washington/Shady Grove corridor is home to dozens of leading biotechnology firms and key federal research and regulatory agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration and the National Institutes of Health. The CBE Program has built a strong faculty base from industry and federal agencies, in addition to full-time Johns Hopkins faculty.
The CBE Program offers flexible courses tailored to the needs of working adults. Four of the program’s master’s degrees can be completed online (although the concentrations in Molecular Targets & Drug Discovery Technologies and Biodefense require onsite coursework). Students can also take courses onsite at our Montgomery County, MD campus or at our Baltimore, MD campus. Onsite courses are held in the evening and on Saturdays to accommodate the working professional.
Life And Career-changing Opportunities
Many of our students are working in the biotechnology industry and are looking to advance their careers. Some are looking to fulfill academic requirements for pursuing medical school and degrees in public health. Others are looking to master the business of biotechnology as they consider a career transition from the lab. Still, others have sharpened their acumen for intellectual property rights, patent law, and licensing as they plan to attend law school or join a start-up company.
- About Us
- Graduate Education
- Professional Development
- Student and Alumni Bibliography
- Research Symposium
- Facilities & Resources
- Video Resources