Reapplicants to AAP
A reapplicant is defined as one who has previously enrolled in AAP courses.
If you are a reapplicant and you have not enrolled in an AAP course for the past six years or more, you will need to submit a complete application and all supplemental items, including official transcripts, writing sample, and recommendations. Refer to the webpage of your program of interest for program-specific admissions requirements. If you are unsure of the last time you were enrolled, please contact Registration at email@example.com to confirm your status.
If you are a reapplicant and you have enrolled in at least one course within the last 5 years, the steps provided below will assist you with your modified admission process.* You will need to submit the following:
- Online application:
- Non-refundable application fee.
- Updated statement of purpose.
- Updated resume.
- Respond “Yes” to “Have you previously enrolled in AAP courses?” (Additional Information section.)
- Academic Background section:
- List all colleges and universities attended (Be sure to include JHU-AAP.)
- Upload unofficial transcripts for each school where you have earned more than 12 credits, if you have them available. Otherwise, upload a “blank” document in the transcript upload fields stating that you are a re-applicant. Admissions will upload your documents internally upon submission of the application.
- If you have attended another institution since the last time you were enrolled, that transcript (unofficial and official) is required.
- Recommenders: (If applicable for your program)
- You are not required to submit new recommendations (unless you want to). E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your previous recommendations uploaded. Otherwise, enter new recommender information in the recommender section.
- Writing Sample: (If applicable for your program)
- You are not required to submit a new writing sample (unless you want to). Please upload your original writing sample, a new writing sample, or a “blank” document in the writing sample upload field stating that you are a re-applicant. If the latter is provided, Admissions will upload your writing sample internally upon submission of the application.
Note: If the admissions criteria has changed since your initial application, you are required to adhere to the current admissions criteria. For example, if your program did not require a writing sample when you applied previously, you are required to submit one to complete your application.
*If you previously enrolled as a non-degree seeking student, you may be required to submit additional materials as most non-degree seeking applicants complete a modified application process.
After I submit my application, what’s next?
Once your application is submitted, Admissions will complete the application by uploading your previously submitted documents including official transcripts, writing sample, and recommendations. Once complete, we will send your file to committee for review. After a decision is rendered, we will issue your decision.