International applicants seeking a visa must submit all application materials three months prior to the start of the intended semester of study.
International College or University Coursework
Applicants who earned their post-secondary degree(s) in a country other than the United States are required to have a “course-by-course” credential evaluation with GPA performed by an outside evaluation service. Evaluations are waived only if the student received his/her undergraduate degree from a US institution, and the undergraduate coursework taken internationally was transferred to that institution. However, the official transcript is still required of the international school.
The following two credential evaluation services are acceptable: World Education Services (WES) and Educational Perspectives. Do not send transcripts from international institutions. The credential evaluation service will send us your transcript along with the evaluation. We will not review your application until both are received.
World Education Services
WES evaluations are received electronically. To send us a WES evaluation, please visit wes.org.
Our institutional code is: Johns Hopkins Advanced Academic Programs, 1717 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Suite 101, Washington DC 20036
To send us an Educational Perspectives evaluation, please visit educational-perspectives.org.
Our institutional code is: Johns Hopkins University Advanced Academic Programs, Suite 101, 1717 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington DC 20036
English as a Second Language
International applicants must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting at least one of the following requirements:
- The applicant submits official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores
- The applicant holds a post-secondary degree from a country where English is both the official language and the only language of instruction
- English is both the official language and the only language of instruction in the applicant’s native country
Our institutional code is: 8747 Johns Hopkins Adv Acad Programs
Official PTE Academic results must be sent to us in the mail or electronically. Photocopies of PTE Academic score reports will not be accepted. Submit electronic PTE Academic results through their website at vue.com/pte. AAP requires a minimum score of 68.
Our institutional code is: Krieger School of Arts and Sciences – Advanced Academic Programs
Students admitted as degree candidates who plan to take courses onsite in the US, and who take at least three courses per semester, may request certification for an F-1 visa. Students for whom this may be a possibility should indicate yes on their admissions application at the appropriate checkbox regarding initiating the visa process. AAP international students on F-1 visas can begin their program in the fall or spring semester. The summer term varies by program availability. Please check with your program of interest. In order to maintain status on an F-1 visa, students in AAP must be enrolled in a minimum of three courses per semester, only one of which can be an online course. The Admissions Office will assist in the certification process (email@example.com) which the student must complete with the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (OISSS). For more information, international applicants should see the frequently asked questions page.
Student Visa Information
Programs That Do Not Sustain Visas
- Certificate in Biotechnology Education
- Certificate in Biotechnology Enterprise
- Certificate in Digital Curation
- Certificate in Geographic Information Systems
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics
- Master of Arts in Museum Studies
- Master of Arts in Museum Studies and Certificate in Nonprofit Management Dual
- Masters in Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Master of Science in Geographic Information Systems
- Master of Science in Regulatory Science
- Master of Science in Research Administration
- Master of Science in Food Safety and Regulation
*This list is subject to change.
- Upcoming Events
- Admissions Requirements
- 2016-17 Academic Catalog
- Non-Degree/Special Students
- Reapplicants to AAP
- Financial Aid
- AAP Test Drive Course
- International Applicants
- Programs by Campus
- Contact Us
- Request Information