Application Deadline: There are no application deadlines for any of the programs. Applications are reviewed in an ongoing basis. For more information, click here.
Bachelor’s Degree: Students must hold a bachelor’s degree prior to enrolling in any of our Advanced Academic Programs. In addition, the requirements of each degree and certificate program differ. Please follow the links below to learn the admission requirements for your program.
Application Materials: Please note that the gathering of admissions requirements is the responsibility of the applicant.
Transcripts: Please mail your official transcripts from schools in the United States to this address: Johns Hopkins University AAP Admissions Office, 1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 101, Washington, DC 20036. Transcripts depicting fewer than 12 credits that were transferred to a different US institution are not required unless pre-requisites are listed on them.
We accept electronic transcripts sent through secured systems, including but not limited to: SCRIP-SAFE, Docufide, Joint Services Transcript (JST) and WES. Please check with your institution to determine if they participate in sending electronic transcripts securely. Official transcripts sent electronically should go to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Coursework: If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
Your Degree Requirements: The admissions requirements are different for each degree. Please find the requirements for yours below.
- MS in Applied Economics
- MS in Bioinformatics
- MS in Biotechnology
- Master of Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- MA in Communication
- MS in Energy Policy and Climate
- MS in Environmental Sciences and Policy
- MS in Geographic Information Systems
- MA in Global Security Studies
- MA in Government
- MS in Government Analytics
- Master of Liberal Arts
- MA in Museum Studies
- MS in Post-Bacc Health Science Intensive
- MA in Public Management
- MS in Regulatory Science
- MS in Research Administration
- MA in Science Writing
- MA in Writing
- Advanced Graduate Study in Liberal Arts
- Biotechnology Education
- Biotechnology Enterprise
- Digital Curation
- Geographic Information Systems
- Government Analytics
- National Security Studies
- Nonprofit Management
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics
- Science Writing
Dual Degree and Combined Programs
- Applied Economics/Environmental Planning & Management Certificate
- Applied Economics/Financial Management or Investments Certificate
- Applied Economics/MBA
- Applied Economics/National Security Studies Certificate
- Biotechnology/National Security Studies Certificate
- Museum Studies/Nonprofit Management Certificate