Fields marked with a * are required.
I understand this may include, but may not be limited to, traveling to and from other countries, traveling to and from cities and towns outside the United States of America, consuming the food and living in those accommodations available in the foreign country(ies) to which I travel , and living and working in cultures and with people whose living conditions, social practices and values, and even attitudes toward foreigners may be significantly different from those in my home country and culture.
I hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Release under the following terms:
- General Waiver and Release. I release and forever discharge and hold harmless JHU and its affiliated organizations, directors, officers, employees, and agents, and their successors and assigns, from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from my participating in the study abroad program and related activities whether such liability, claims, or demands results from travel, from disease, consumption of food, or from civil unrest or otherwise.I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges JHU from any liability or claim against it with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, monetary loss or property damage that may result from my participation in the study abroad program at JHU. I understand that JHU assumes no responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance, in the event of injury, illness, death, accident, monetary loss or property damage.
- Medical Treatment. I hereby release and forever discharge JHU from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered to me or to my dependents/companions in connection with an emergency or health problem during my participation in the study abroad program.
- Assumption of Risk. I understand that my participation in the JHU study abroad program may include activities and circumstances that may be hazardous to me, including, but not limited to, international travel, local transportation in the country of my travels, poor health conditions, inadequate medical treatment facilities and other inherent dangers. I recognize that I may be traveling to and from locations that pose risks from terrorism, war, insurrection, or criminal activities. I understand that I assume the risk of being taken hostage and held for payment of ransom.
- I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these circumstances and release JHU from all liability for injury, illness, death, monetary loss or property damage resulting from such circumstances during my participation with the JHU study abroad program, whether suffered by me personally or by any of my accompanying dependents or companions.
- Other. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable. I understand that any dispute concerning this Release or any aspect of my participation in the JHU study abroad program shall be brought in the state or federal courts of Maryland.