Students may elect to withdraw from one or more course(s) for a variety of reasons. Refunds apply only to the tuition portion of a student’s charges, excluding the field trip, lab, or technical fees, and are calculated from the date the student’s written request for withdrawal is received by AAP’s Registration Office.
- Prior to 8 days before the start of the semester – dropped at 100%
- Eight days before the first class and prior to the 2nd week of class – dropped at 90%
- Second week of class and prior to the 3rd week of class – dropped at 75%
- Third week of class and prior to the 4th week of class – dropped at 25%
- Beginning the 6th week of class – withdrawn with no refund
What is the AAP Refund Policy?
Refunds are made in accordance with the schedule listed above and are updated each term.
What does a W mean?
Students who drop a course receiving a 25% refund or less will have a “W” placed on their official transcript, indicating withdrawal from a course.
How do I drop a course?
Students may drop classes online via SIS>Registration>Add/Drop Classes during the regular registration period. During late registration, SIS is closed and students must use the Online Add/Drop Form.
- Telephone and email withdrawals are not accepted.
- Instructors or advisors never authorize or process withdrawals.
- Refunds are not granted to students suspended or dismissed for disciplinary reasons.
- If a course is canceled by the school, the tuition is refunded in full.
Exception to the Refund Policy
In the case of rare or exceptional medical emergencies or military requirements, a student may request to appeal the standard AAP refund schedule/policy. This is provided that the request is made during the same semester in which the course is taken and that the circumstances can be documented. Maximum refunds under such circumstances will be equal to one refund level higher than the student received unless otherwise specified. All petitions including supporting documentation can be submitted by mail to AAP Registration, 1717 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Suite 101, Washington, DC 20036, via fax to 202-452-1970, or emailed to email@example.com.
**Students that currently reside in Wisconsin and are enrolled in an AAP online program, click here for refund information.**
- Student JHU Email
- Help for Fully-Online Courses
- Student JHED Login
- Disability Accommodations
- Housing Resources
- Student Health Insurance
- Johns Hopkins Assistance Program
- Student Travel
- Ordering Your Textbooks
- International Student Information
- Refund Schedule
- BankMobile Refund Program