Shawn Ghuman Wins PR Week’s “Best for a Cause” Award
Shawn S. Ghuman, AAP MA in Communication adjunct faculty and Communications Director of the National Sikh Campaign (NSC), recently won the 2018 PR Week “Best for a Cause” Award for NSC’s We Are Sikhs campaign in 2017. This category recognizes the premier marketing communications cause showing a tangible, worthwhile benefit to a specific community and is an honor firmly established as the communications industry’s highest accolade.
As Communications Director of NSC, a nonprofit dedicated to raising awareness of the Sikh religion in the United States and beyond, Shawn led the execution of the We Are Sikhs nationally as well as locally in markets such as Fresno and Visalia, CA. The award highlighted the efforts comprehensive strategy employing TV and digital advertising, press coverage, social media, and an innovative website, leading to significant increases in the broader public’s knowledge and understanding of Sikhism.
To learn more about this year’s PR Week winners, please visit prweek.com.
To learn more about We Are Sikhs, please visit wearesikhs.org.
- All News
- Applied Economics
- Career Services
- Center for Advanced Governmental Studies
- Center for Biotechnology Education
- Biotechnology Education
- Biotechnology Enterprise
- Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Biotechnology/Science, Technology, and International Security Certificate
- Food Safety Regulation
- Individualized Genomics and Health
- Post Master’s Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics
- Regulatory Science
- Course Blogs
- Energy Policy and Climate
- Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Film and Media
- Geographic Information Systems
- Instructional Resource Center
- Liberal Arts
- Museum Studies
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute