Film and Media Program Shines During NYC Event
The MA in Film and Media program recently held its first educational mix and mingle event for prospective students to correspond with the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City. After being treated to lunch, participants were able to explore the Harbor Picture Company, an active studio that most recently facilitated post-production work in the films Arrival and Lost City of Z.
Prospective and current students were able to see the inner working of one of the largest post-production companies on the East Coast and learn how to apply classroom knowledge in a real-world setting.
In the evening, attendees were able to network with program instructors, thesis advisers, and over 20 industry experts at the meet and greet. Guests were also able to discuss and learn more about the burgeoning program, the film and media industry, and networking opportunities.
The first graduate from the program, James Richards, also spoke to participants, giving a firsthand account of the student experience in addition to answering questions about the process and life after successfully completing the program.
At the end of the evening’s festivities, prospective and current student attendees were given tickets to attend exclusive screenings at the festival.
- All News
- Applied Economics
- Career Services
- Center for Advanced Governmental Studies
- Center for Biotechnology Education
- Biotechnology Education
- Biotechnology Enterprise
- Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Biotechnology/Science, Technology, and International Security Certificate
- Food Safety Regulation
- Individualized Genomics and Health
- Post Master’s Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics
- Regulatory Science
- Energy Policy and Climate
- Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Film and Media
- Geographic Information Systems
- Instructional Resource Center
- Liberal Arts
- Museum Studies
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute