Odyssey: MCAT Review in January 2018 Now Open for Registration
Familiarizing yourself with the MCAT under professional guidance makes it less intimidating and builds confidence.
The course was developed in close consultation with the Pre-Professional Advising Office at Johns Hopkins. It offers an integrated, interdisciplinary approach to the MCAT, using materials created by veteran instructors, the AAMC, and Examkrackers.
The course is directed by Thomas Crain, Senior Lecturer at the Carey Business School who has directed MCAT courses for the Odyssey program for over a decade. Additional instructors include Dr. Richard Shingles, professor of biology at Johns Hopkins; Dr. Wendy Olson, professor of chemistry at University of Maryland, Baltimore County; and Dr. Barbara Smith, former professor of psychology at both Johns Hopkins and Goucher College, and author of the book The Psychology of Sex and Gender.
The course will provide thorough familiarity with the MCAT and its objectives; test-taking strategies and tips geared toward this 7.5-hour exam; ample practice with sample problem sets and comprehension passages, including the opportunity to take the official AAMC practice test in a computer lab environment; application of the tools of scientific research and verbal reasoning; an explanation and application of the MCAT’s ten foundational concepts; and systematic review of the four MCAT test sections.
- All News
- Applied Economics
- Career Services
- Center for Advanced Governmental Studies
- Center for Biotechnology Education
- Biotechnology Education
- Biotechnology Enterprise
- Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Biotechnology/Science, Technology, and International Security Certificate
- Food Safety Regulation
- Individualized Genomics and Health
- Post Master’s Certificate in Sequence Analysis and Genomics
- Regulatory Science
- Course Blogs
- Energy Policy and Climate
- Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Film and Media
- Geographic Information Systems
- Instructional Resource Center
- Liberal Arts
- Museum Studies
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute